The Media Production Coordinator is a full-time position whose primary responsibilities will be to assist with print and digital media production., including but not limited to magazines, websites, e-newsletters, etc.
The position provides an administrative support role to our sales representatives. This includes responding to customer/prospect requests, scheduling and record keeping.
The position will build and maintain positive working relationships with internal and external customers.
The position requires an in-depth understanding of a variety of core business concepts, practices and procedures, as well as meticulous attention to detail of critical business functions.
Send your resume to our Human Resources Department.
SALES SUPPORT / CUSTOMER RELATIONS
- Maintain great relationships with customers.
- Record advertising schedules and exhibit space purchases.
- Prepare personalized media calendars and creative material specifications for customers.
- Solicit ad material from customers verifying that it meets specifications.
- Conduct proofing to ensure proper content prior to going to distribution.
- Maintain ad performance metrics for sales staff and clients.
- Solicit and maintain online buyers guide listings.
- Update sales team with open e-newsletter positions.
- Maintain magazine and e-newsletter subscription additions and deletions.
- Prepare bi-annually publisher’s statement.
- Complete annual statement of ownership form for USPS.
- Process vendor invoices for payment.
- Solicit logos and sponsorship deliverables from exhibitors.
- Communicate important deadlines
- Field questions and support exhibitors
- Collect ad material from clients
- Coordinate circulation with KMPS.
- Verify ad percentage compliance with postal regulations and communicate results to printer.
- Itemize print copies on distribution request form and provide to Publishers Press.
- Determine postage. Code and process check request.
- Reconcile and code printing invoice.
- Solicit from hyperlinks from ad clients.
- Provide creative services department with hyperlinks for ad pages.
- Distribute verified final copy to digital subscribers.
- Place ads and white papers into e-newsletter software.
- Output html and text files and transfer into the circulation service software to create e-newsletters.
- Conduct test blast to confirm accuracy with content, links and verify spam filter results.
- Coordinate which white papers and house ads to run in each issue. Record on production spreadsheet.
- Upload banners and create the campaigns in AdvertPro.
- Create client campaigns (number of impressions, contextual categories or run-of-site).
- Monitor impressions making adjustments as needed to fulfill required impressions.
- Compose campaign performance reports for clients.
Sponsored White Papers
- Collect white papers and abstracts from clients.
- Upload PDF to library.
- Orchestrate monthly alert e-mail broadcast.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND EQUIPMENT USED
- Digital Media Formats (html, pdf, various image formats)
- Software Applications (Excel, Word, Adobe Acrobat, Outlook)
- Printing Processes
- Publication and Circulation Accounting and Compliance
- Customer and Personal Service
- Accounting and Purchasing
- Customer Relations
- Active Listening
- Social Perceptiveness
- Time Management
- Critical Thinking
- Judgment and Decision Making
- Reading Comprehension
- Conflict Management
- Oral Expression & Comprehension
- Speech Clarity
- Deductive Reasoning
- Problem Sensitivity
- Written Comprehension & Written Expression
- Fluency of Ideas
- Conflict Management
- Ability to lift 20-25 pounds in a general office setting
PERFORMANCE BEHAVIOR COMPENTENCIES
The following list describes the performance behaviors necessary to meet the minimum requirements.
- Results driven
- Creative conceptualization
- Attention to detail
- Analytical thinking
- Strategic agility
MINIMUM EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION, & LICENSURE QUALIFICATIONS
- Requires minimum of Associates degree from an accredited college or university.
- Experience in media production and circulation management preferred.