The Associate Technical Consultant is a full-time position whose primary responsibilities will be providing support to Lubrication Program Development project groups under the guidance of a Senior Technical Consultant. The Associate Technical Consultant will be trained in the business of lubrication excellence through Noria live and online training classes, on-the-job training, and numerous technical reference materials. Then we want to hear from you. Send your resume to our Human Resources Department.
SPECIFIC AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Serve as a part of Lubrication Program Development (LPD) team under the guidance of a Senior Technical Consultant./li>
- Provide basic awareness training to in-plant personnel as a part of the LPD process.
- Develop and hone knowledge and skills in writing and presenting articles and papers for Noria’s magazines and conference.
- A willingness and availability to travel a minimum of 50% to support ongoing projects.
- Travel a minimum of 50% to support on-going projects.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND EQUIPMENT USED
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Intermediate level skills in Microsoft Office software programs such as: Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to identify asset data points and inputting relevant information into a proprietary Excel-based database.
- Knowledge of compiling, coding, categorizing, calculating, tabulating, auditing, or verifying information or data.
- Ability to determine the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job.
- Ability to communicate effectively both in written format and in presenting ideas in written format or orally.
- Strong ability to multi-task an establish priorities.
- Must have the ability to adapt to a changing environment in a growing company.
- Physical requirements/abilities of this position can include but are not limited to: the ability to lift up to 50 pounds without assistance, moving objects in an industrial setting, standing, climbing, bending, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, and other repetitive physical motions.
- Maintain effective, collaborative working relationships with a range of people.
- Must have the ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern according to a specific rule or set of rules (e.g., patterns of numbers, letters, words, pictures, mathematical operations).
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SOFTWARE
- Associate’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Engineering Technology, or 5 years of in plant experience.
- Significant experience with mechanical equipment.
- Experience with lubrication, oil analysis, Tribology and/or contamination control is a plus.
- ICML Machinery Lubrication Technician (MLT) Level I and II and Machinery Lubricant Analyst Level II preferred (or ability to pass upon within 3 months of hire).